At the beginning of April 2022, we installed a thermal storage unit on the ArcelorMittal site in Dunkirk.
This transportable demonstrator will then be moved to other industrial sites in Hauts-de-France in order to validate different types of possible applications with a view to improving their energy efficiency and reducing their carbon impact:
- recovery of waste heat from industrial furnaces in metallurgy, ceramics, glass or chemistry
- material dryer for all types of industries
- preheating of material from all types of industries
- hot water production
- electricity production (ORC, Stirling engine, other…)
- recovery of heat from solar power plant
- other types of heat demand.