The Eco-Stock® coupled with power to heat was commissioned at the Villeroy & Boch site in Valence d’Agen to produce decarbonated, competitive heat.
Process used :
- Heat is recovered from the furnace chimney and transferred to the power-to-heat unit via fans.
- Power to heat raises the temperature with low-carbon electricity.
- During off-peak hours, the heat from the flue gases is stored in the Eco-Stock® and, at the same time, recovered at the furnace inlet.
- During peak hours, only the heat stored in the Eco-Stock® is used in the tunnel kiln.
- Hot air is recovered in the first zones of the furnace, enabling Villeroy & Boch to reduce its gas consumption.
This innovative solution will produce low-carbon, competitive heat.
This technological innovation is part of a project that has received funding from theEuropean Union ‘s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement no. 879608.
Find out more about the project