Operation implemented: Creation of a high-temperature test bench capable of evaluating the performance of a new storage material.
Location: Albi (81) – Occitanie – France
Type: Prototype for public research laboratory
The aim of this prototype is to create a pilot capable of evaluating the performance of a new storage material.
The storage system in question must be able to use air to charge and discharge heat within a granular bed in a purpose-built storage area.
Analysis of output data (outlet air temperature as a function of charging or discharging time, axial temperature profiles in the bed, etc.) should enable material and system performance to be assessed.
- Test laboratory for materials over 1000°C
- Work area included
- Mobile prototype, can be moved to different sites (France, Belgium, Morocco)
Creation of a turnkey technology platform for a number of R&D projects, with the aim of :
- The development of storage materials
- Ageing studies linked to system efficiency
- Improve knowledge of air/ceramic heat exchange