Prototype electrical heat storage (EHTS), coupling to an ORC system, new storage materials, intelligent remote control.
- electrical heat storage (Power To Heat)
- coupling storage to an ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) system for producing electricity from heat (Heat To Power)
- new heat storage materials
- the compatibility of storage materials with combustion fumes
- the influence of the geometry of the fluid distribution system in the storage
- intelligent remote control of a storage facility.
Technical specifications :
- Storage capacity = 40 kWh at 600°C
- Storage/retrieval temperature = 200 to 600°C / 100 to 600°C
- Thermal load power = 13 to 30 KW at 600°C
- Discharge thermal power = 20 to 40 KW at 575 °C
- Heat transfer fluid = hot air
- Heat source: gas, smoke, electricity
- Measurements: temperatures, flow rates, pressure drops, damper positions
- Operations: storage design/management, model validation, materials characterization, multi-energy smart-grids