Realization of a storage prototype used in R&D projects, capable of storing heat up to 900°C.
Its storage capacity is around 80 KWh at 900°C.
It can be charged using electrical resistances or gas burners.
It is used for R&D studies on:
- electrical heat storage (Power To Heat)
- coupling storage to an ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) system for producing electricity from heat (Heat To Power)
- new heat storage materials
- the compatibility of storage materials with combustion fumes
- the influence of the geometry of the fluid distribution system in the storage
- intelligent remote control of a storage facility.